On this call we tackled the “do’s and don’ts” of firm retreats. Every healthy law firm needs to focus on both the forest and the trees. Firm retreats are a necessary component to ensuring you occasionally ask the big questions about the future of the firm, keep partners and staff aligned on the most important objectives, and ensure that the firm is going in the right direction.
- Do we go onsite or offsite?
- Facilitate ourselves, or bring in a facilitator?
- Who needs to be around the table?
- Do we build in play or get right to work?
- What about spouses?
- One day or two?
- Over a weekend or during the week?
- How do we determine what must be on the agenda?